HY-TEK ELECTRONICS LTD
Terms & Conditions
(Updated 31st July 2021)
This website is owned and operated by Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd (referred to as “Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd/we/our/us”), a company registered in England and Wales, whose registered office and trading address is at 62-64 Dalston Lane, Hackney, London, United Kingdom, E8 3AH. Our office telephone number is 020-7249-4814. Our best contact email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Our company registration number is 05428431 and our VAT registration number is 627383818.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO CUSTOMERS BUYING AT OUR STORE AS WELL AS CUSTOMERS USING THIS WEBSITE www.hytekelectronics.co.uk. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE.
BY ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE AS A USER (REFERRED TO AS “YOU/YOUR”) YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU CHOOSE TO REGISTER WITH US OR ORDER FROM US. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting (see date at the top). It is your responsibility to check this website from time to time to review the current terms and conditions as each use of this website signifies your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this website. If you do not wish to accept any new terms and conditions after we have given notice, you should not continue to use this website.
All products are subject to availability.
As part of our order process you will be given the opportunity to check your order and to correct any errors. Following receipt of your order, we will send you an order acknowledgement email, detailing the products you have ordered. Please note that this email is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd.
Our acceptance of an order and the completion of a contract between you and us takes place when we despatch the order even if your payment has been processed immediately, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled your order.
We may refuse to accept an order:
- where goods are no longer available
- where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment or suspect fraud
- if the order is to be sent outside of our shipping countries (UK ONLY AT PRESENT)
- if there has been a pricing or product description error; or
- if you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in our terms and conditions.
Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd reserve the right to limit the quantity of any item sold, or prohibit a sale altogether, including but not limited to prohibiting sales to resellers. In any such event the consumer will be refunded immediately.
If your item is not in stock, we can back order the item for you. You will always be emailed with the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait. But due to PayPal’s new seller terms and conditions, if you place a back order by paying for the item ordered and then decide you do not want to wait for the delivery (due to the estimated time of arrival) and request for a refund, you will be charged the same fee as PayPal charge to us (Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd – The Seller). Which will be 2.9% of the amount paid plus 30 pence. PayPal basically now charge the seller that amount for any sale made, and do not refund the fee even if a refund has been processed. So the best thing to do is give us a call on 020-7249-4814 and check when the product is due back in stock before paying it. The same obviously applies if you pay for a product which is out of stock. Please note, this only applies when paying via PayPal. If you pay via the secure credit/debit card payment method then any refunds will be for the full amount.
We assume that our Customers are aware of the functions and compatibility of products and are competent in setting up the equipment bought from us. Customers who are unsure about the functions and are less knowledgeable about the products are free to contact us.
Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd reserves full rights to cancel an order if not fully satisfied with any security criteria.
Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd defines cleared orders as orders that have cleared funds and passed security checks fully.
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information to that displayed on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings and directions provided with the product before use.
All prices are in Pounds Sterling and include all taxes (where applicable) at the current rates but do not include delivery charges. We reserve the right to express the price exclusive of VAT, but we shall show VAT separately and include it in the total price.
If the items ordered are not in stock, Customers will be informed via e-mail or telephone. Customers reserve the right to cancel an order placed on items not in stock if unsatisfied with the delivery alternative.
Our prices are reviewed regularly and while we try to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
Products bought on this website will be delivered to mainland UK. Your order will be delivered to the address you indicated when you place your order. All goods must be signed for by an adult aged 18 years or over on delivery.
Delivery charges and estimated timescales are specified on our delivery page and also when you place an order. Unless otherwise agreed with you, delivery of the goods can be within 14 days beginning with the day after you ordered the goods (we do aim to get the goods to you within a day or two depending on shipping area etc.) Risk of loss and damage of products passes to you on the date when the products are delivered or on the date of first attempted delivery by us.
All products are insured by Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd on delivery.
Re-delivery of goods after failed delivery where Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd or their couriers are not at fault may require re-delivery and /or return delivery charges.
Orders placed on weekdays before 11am will be aimed to be dispatched on the same day for expected delivery in UK mainland the next working day. If any delays arise in clearance of the order then Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd will contact the Purchaser to inform the Purchaser (Barring Systems Failure etc).
The Purchaser is entitled to the benefit of any warranty or guarantee received by the company from the Manufacturer of goods supplied.
All products are covered by a one year’s Manufacturer’s warranty.
Line Faders, Cross Faders and Stylus are not guaranteed unless otherwise stated.
The company shall not be liable for:
- Any defects resulting from wear and tear, accident, improper use by the Purchaser other than in accordance with the instructions or advice of the Company or the Manufacturer of the goods.
- Suitability of any goods for any particular purpose or use under specific conditions whether or not the purpose conditions were known or communicated to the Company.
- Any technical information, recommendations, statements or advice furnished by the Company or its servants not given in writing in response to a specific request from the Purchaser before the contract is made.
In the event of any faults arising during the guarantee period:
- The Purchaser shall be responsible for the return of all faulty goods in its original packing or suitably packed to the Company.
- The Company will only return repaired or replacement goods within the UK
Where the goods are sold under a Consumer Transaction (as defined by the Consumer Transactions (Restrictions of Statement) Order 1976) the statutory rights of the Purchaser are not affected by these conditions.
G) RETURN OF GOODS PURCHASED IN STORE:
A handling charge of 15% or £10, whichever is greater, will be deducted from the invoice value by the Company where it is established that the reason for return of the goods was not subject to provisions of clause F of these Conditions (e.g unwanted items) or through any error on the part of the Company. Goods are not supplied on a trial or rental basis. All goods must be returned in their original packing within 7 days of purchase and is at the discrection of the store manager.
Software can not be returned once opened. Any hardware which includes software can only be returned if the software has not been opened or registered. At the Companys’ discretion such hardware may be returned upon proof of software de-registration.
For Health and Safety reasons to products such as microphones, headphones, earphones, in-ear monitoring devices and cartridges and stylus’s that have been used or where the hygienic seal has been removed or broken, these products cannot be returned.
Any products that we have made to your specification or customised specifically for you when ordered in our store cannot be returned.
If a manufacturers’ fault should occur with your product within the 30-day return period, we will replace the unit for you, exchange the unit for something else if you would prefer to, or you can get a full refund if you are not satisfied.
If a manufacturers’ fault should occur with your product outside of the 30-day return period and within the 12 month manufacturers’ warranty period, you may wish to return the product to us with a copy of your receipt and a full written description of the fault. We can then send your faulty product/s to the manufacturer or authorised service centre on your behalf. If the product is found to be faulty we will repair it free of charge and return the product/s to you. If we or the manufacturer are unable to repair your product within a reasonable period of time then we can offer you the choice of a full refund or to supply you an alternative product equivalent.
H) RETURN OF GOODS PURCHASED ONLINE:
You can return most items purchased online if you find they are not suitable for you, but we would need to know if you wish to return the item within 14 days of you receiving it. If you wish to return an item, you need to let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
You will then receive an email with return instructions and a returns form which will need to be returned to us either with the item or via email.
You have 14 days from when you notify us to return the goods to us.
You will need return the items to us either by post or courier or in-store. We can also arrange a collection of most items for £20, however this could increase with larger, heavier items.
Returned goods must be in their original packaging and in new condition (no marks or scratches). Any items returned that are not in the original packaging or show signs of use or damage will incur a handling charge dependent on the condition.
Once we have received and inspected the item(s) we will refund the amount paid (less any handling charge agreed) using the original payment method. Any additional delivery charges paid at the time of ordering (e.g pre-12 or Saturday delivery) will not be refunded.
The following items cannot be returned if not required:
- Software that has been opened or registered
- Hardware that includes software that has been registered (until we have verified de-registration)
- Consumables including stylus, vinyl, fluids and crossfaders which have been opened or used
- Custom made or ordered items to the supplied specifications
- For Health and Safety reasons products such as microphones, in earphones and ear plugs cannot be returned once opened.
- Over ear headphones that show signs of use
RETURN OF FAULTY ITEMS:
Goods are covered by manufactures warranty and upheld by us.
If you discover a fault with an item you purchased, contact us as soon as possible so we can try and resolve the issue.
If the item arrives faulty or a fault appears in the first 30 days, we will arrange to collect the item and replace it providing it is in reasonable condition and has its original packaging.
After the first 30 days, the item will need to be returned to us (either by post or courier) and we will have it repaired by the manufacturer or their agent. It can also be arranged for the agent to collect the product from you and returned once repaired. Once repaired or replaced, we will send the item back to you at no charge or you can collect from our store.
Some manufacturers will handle the return themselves, we will let you know if this is the case with your return when you contact us.
All returns should be sent to:
Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd, 62-64 Dalston Lane, Hackney, London, E8 3AH.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive which can be found at http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm
Claims for missing items, non-delivery or damage to goods in transit must be made within 7 working days of expected delivery time. Any claims made after this time will not be accepted.
J) NEW GOODS FAULTY ON ARRIVAL:
Any new goods that are found to be faulty maybe returned for replacement or a refund in which case the Purchaser has to notify Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd within 7days of the receipt of goods.
We accept the following cards: ACCESS, DELTA, MASTERCARD, SOLO, SWITCH, ELECTRON and VISA.
We deliver only to the card holders billing address.
We reserve the right not to proceed with the order if we are unable to verify security details such as the billing address. We may ask the customer to supply proof of address in such cases. Your credit or debit cards will be charged at the time of ordering in order to secure the goods. Cheques both personal and business are welcome but will require clearance before shipment of any goods takes place. Clearance will take up to 7 working days from when the cheque is received. Funds may also be transferred directly into our bank account (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details) In such cases goods will be dispatched as soon as the funds have cleared.
When the order is placed at our website, credit card numbers are encrypted using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
No title of goods shall pass from Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd to the Purchaser until Payments have been received in full. The Purchaser has full responsibility for the goods from the time of delivery and liability to insure that the goods then rest with the Purchaser.
The following terms and conditions apply to mail order Consumers as defined in the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
The Purchaser shall, according to the terms set out in this clause, have the right to cancel an order within 7 working days after the date of delivery by the Company to the Purchaser provided that he or she gives written notice of such cancellation.
If the Purchaser cancels a contract, Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd shall, according to the regulations refund any payment made by the Purchaser within 28 Days from the day on which He or She cancelled the contract, however that the Purchaser shall not be entitled to a repayment in the event that:
- The Purchaser does not pay due care and attention of the goods either prior or following the cancellation of the contract whilst the goods remain in the Purchasers possession. The Purchaser shall not be refunded if the goods are not packed in their original box, with all entireties e.g. manuals, cables etc. and if the internal or external packaging has been damaged or misused in any way.
- The Purchaser marks or damages the goods or returns them in a different condition to what he or she received on delivery.
- The Consumer is entirely culpable for the cost of returning any goods to Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd. This applies to refund, replacements and repairs.
- Software can not be returned once opened. Any hardware which includes software can only be returned if the software has not been opened or registered. At the Companys’ discretion such hardware may be returned upon proof of software de-registration.
- “In to order” goods can only be returned if faulty.
- Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd will refund the value of the goods less a 15% or £10 charge (whichever is greater) for administration and re-stocking costs.
M) CONSEQUENTAL LOSS:
The Company shall not be liable for any loss sustained by any personal damage to any property whatsoever and howsoever arising directly out of or in consequence of any act or a mission by the Company in the supply of goods including delay, loss of profit and liability to third parties.
Nothing contained in these terms and conditions shall affect the Companies liability under the ‘unfair contracts terms act 1977’ for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Company.
For any repairs that are brought into our store the Terms and Conditions are as follows:
- A non-refundable deposit of £50.00 will be required for each item booked in for repair.
- Any goods left for repair are liable to a minimum repair charge of £55.00 plus VAT (£66.00 total), which is an hours labour.
- We admit no liability for any items left uncalled for over a period of TWO MONTHS from the date of completion and thereafter aforesaid items will be sold or otherwise disposed of to defray cost of the repair.
- The offer of any guarantee will be at the sole discretion of Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd and will only cover and be limited to the actual work carried out by ourselves.
- The maximum guarantee period will be THREE MONTHS from the date of collection. A copy of the receipt with the full engineers report is what you will receive when collecting your repair. This is your guarantee and should be kept, just in case you need to return the unit.
- To keep the terms of any guarantee offered it may be necessary to inspect speakers and wiring or any ancillary equipment before collection.
- If estimates are refused or goods are found to be beyond economical repair, then deposits will not be refunded.
- The repaired items will only be released on the depositors signature, unless it has been arranged with us by the depositor for someone else to collect the completed repair. That person would need to bring in the depositors receipt, and proof of identification.
For any customers who are paying deposits towards goods that will be collected from our store once paid in full, the Terms and Conditions are as follows:
- When paying deposits for equipment the goods can be collected once the full amount is paid.
- The first payment made to start the deposit process would need to be 30% of the full amount.
- Good are held on deposit for a maximum of THREE MONTHS, starting from the date of the first payment made to us.
- Deposits are NOT refundable but can be used to spend on other goods instead, unless we have ordered something in specifically for you.
Hy-Tek Electronics Ltd does not disclose buyers’ information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfillment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party. We respect the privacy of every individual who visits our site. We will not collect any information about you without your consent. We are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the UK Data Protection law 1998 and have in place, strict procedures relating to the storage, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- Take and fulfill customer orders
- Administer and enhance the site and service
- Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes