Purity and precision, our most democratically priced speaker line has everything to gain from Monitor Audio’s dynamic forty-year design heritage. Enriched as it is with elements of Platinum, Gold and Silver, the brilliant new Bronze series will transcend the expectations of its price class and eclipse even its venerated multi-award winning predecessor Bronze BX.
Our latest entry-level champion moves up a gear from BX and rival budget speakers because new Bronze is simply in a class of its own. The features speak for themselves. For the first time we’re using spectacular steel-grey C-CAM driver cones for a seamless blend with finishes, available in a choice of Black Oak, Pearlescent Walnut, Rosemah and a new White Ash. Invisible driver fixings and floating magnetic grilles add to the impression of streamlined sophistication, lending new Bronze the look and feel of a premium range.
- All new C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) driver configurations
- A new 25mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter extends each system’s frequency response to an ultra-sonic 30kHz
- New magnetically-fixed ‘floating’ cloth grilles
- Steel-grey C-CAM driver cones
- Black Oak, Pearlescent Walnut, Rosemah and a new White Ash finish
From the towering Bronze 6, the most complete New Bronze speaker, music and home theatre lovers can appreciate the full-range flavour of our forty year design heritage. Its deceptively compact cabinet supports two 6 1/2” C-CAM bass drivers operating in tandem with a further 6 1/2” mid-range unit housed in a dedicated chamber. In this way matching drivers tuned for different roles are able to develop a wonderfully uniform, tonally consistent sound-field involving seismic low bass and richly coherent mid-range detail, which rises in frequency to meet the illuminating resolution of our fabulous Bronze C-CAM tweeter. Here is New Bronze in tooth and claw, alive to its ambitious audiophile design precedents and equipped with a compelling mix of accuracy, scale and dynamics for the highest value music and home theatre audio.
- New C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
- Optimised 6 1/2” mid-range driver featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM® cone profile
- Dual 6 1/2” bass drivers featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM® cone profile
- Two and a half way configuration with differentially tuned acoustic system – higher efficiency and improved low frequency extension
- HiVe® port technology
- All drivers feature single bolt-through driver systems, for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- High quality crossovers with premium grade Polypropylene film capacitors used throughout
- Rigid 18mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet coloration
- Floor-level terminal panel for easy termination and neat cable access. Bi-wire/ Bi-amp terminal configuration
- Premium quality vinyl veneer finishes
- System Format: 2 1/2 Way
- Frequency Response: 34Hz – 30kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M): 90dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω
- Maximum SPL (dBA @1M – each): 114.8dBA (pair)
- Power Handling R.M.S.: 150W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 40-150W
- Cabinet Design: Bass section – Front/rear bass reflex with HiVe®II Port technology. Sealed mid-range enclosure.
- Crossover Frequency: LF: -6dB @ 150Hz, MF/HF: 2.5kHz
- Drive Unit Complement: 2 x 6 1/2″ C-CAM® bass, 1 x 6 1/2″ C-CAM® bass mid-range driver, 1 x 25 mm gold dome C-CAM® tweeter
- Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D): 985 x 185 x 315 mm (38 3/4 x 7 5/16 x 12 3/8 inches)
- Complete Dimensions inc grille, terminals, plinths and spikes: (H x W x D): 1033 x 235 x 350 mm (40 11/16 x 9 1/4 x 13 3/4 inches)
- Weight (Individual): 16.6kg (36lbs 8oz)